Welcome to Breast Cancer Action Kingston
Our Mission Statement
We are a local, volunteer-based organization dedicated to the education, support and empowerment of persons affected by breast cancer.
We are Committed to
Support for patients, survivors and their families as they cope emotionally and physically with breast cancer.
Educating women, men, the public and physicians about the importance of breast self-examination and the benefit of early detection.
Research and advocacy directed towards prevention, early diagnosis and treatment
How We Do It
- Promote and provide funds for research into the cause, control and cure of breast cancer
- Provide public education, family support services, dissemination and publication of information about breast cancer
Why We Do It
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer among Canadian women
- Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in women ages 15 to 54
- About 1 in 9 Canadian women is expected to develop breast cancer during her lifetime and 1 in 30 will die from it
**The information contained on this web site is not a replacement for professional medical attention. Breast Cancer Action Kingston (BCAK) strongly encourages each of its readers to talk to a physician or health-care team to make informed medical decisions. BCAK takes no responsibility for actions taken as a result of information or materials referred to on the web site. BCAK is a volunteer organization that lacks the expertise to research questions of a medical or scientific nature.**